AWAZ Cumbria Race Hate Crime Project - North Cumbria
Hate Crime Support Worker (North Cumbria) - fixed term 12 Months
Part time – 18.5 hours a week (2.5 days) Salary ££9,658.50
The Race Hate Crime Support Worker is responsible for delivering the Hate Crime project in the BME community. You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of an effective campaign around hate crime to mainstream service providers and BME community groups across North Cumbria.
You will require –
- "Hands on" experience of working in a community development setting.
- Experience of working with diverse communities and victims of race hate crimes.
- In-depth Knowledge of hate crime issues and how it affects communities.
- Ability to compile reports and have good presentation skills.
- Delivering training and awareness sessions to professionals, members of the community and young people.
- Experience of organising and planning projects, including target-setting, monitoring and review.
For an application pack please email AWAZ Cumbria firstname.lastname@example.org - quoting ref AWAZ HC
Closing date - 26th October 2013 interviews will be held on Friday 1st of November in Carlisle.
Please do not send CV’s these will not be considered.
Assisted by a grant from the Northern Rock Foundation